News [2021.12.23]. Recent changes on MVSep:
- Added the ability to select lossless encoding of the created audio-files. Previously, it was possible to use only MP3. Now we added output to WAV and FLAC.
- Added the output of the general instrumental track for all main algorithms: MDX, Demucs3 and Unmix.
- Added translation of the site into Polish and Indonesian.
- Added an automatic script to reset the GPU in case of errors. There should be no longer large server downtime.
Unfortunately, all the highest quality algorithms work very slow. Large queues are periodically formed because of that. We think what to do with this.
News [2021.11.12]: We have three big news:
We had to move to a new server due to lack of space on the old one. Positive effect - the video card has been changed to a more powerful one with more memory. As a result, the waiting queues have decreased and there are fewer errors associated with a lack of GPU memory. The downside is that server costs have doubled.
A new algorithm has been added Ultimate Vocal Remover (UVR). It splits the track into two parts, music and vocals. UVR usually does it better than spleeter. There are a lot of models and different settings in the original UVR. We have chosen one of the best models and optimal settings. Perhaps later, a flexible choice of settings for the algorithm will be added.
The winner of the Music Demuxing Challenge has finally released his code. We added its models to the site under the names Demux3 Model A and Demux3 Model B. Demux3 Model B gives a better result, and works better for bass and drums comparing to other models, but is slightly inferior in vocals to the MDX-B algorithm.
Below is an updated table comparing the quality of algorithms (data for UVR are not available). The values in the table are calculated on private Music Demuxing Challenge dataset (available only to organizers). The higher the value, the better the algorithm works.
|Algorithm||Quality (Bass)||Quality (Drums)||Quality (Other)||Quality (Vocals)||Example|
|Spleeter (4 stems)||5.774||5.845||4.321||6.939||Example|
|MDX B (Orig)||7.495||7.554||5.533||8.896||---|
|MDX B (UVR)||7.495||7.554||5.533||9.482||Example|
|Ultimate Vocal Remover HQ||---||---||---||---||Example|
|Demucs 3 Model A||8.115||8.037||5.193||7.968||Example|
|Demucs 3 Model B||8.856||8.850||5.978||8.756||Example|
Two new algorithms have been added to mvsep.com for separate tracks: MDX A and MDX B. These models were created by the participants in the Music Demuxing Challenge who took second place. Their solution code and neural network models were made publicly available. We are still waiting for the first place solution. But even these models significantly outperform Spleeter and UmxXL in competition metrics (see the table above), but slower in speed. MDX A differs from MDX B in that the first algorithm did not use external data for training, so the results are slightly worse than MDX B. Later, the enthusiasts of the UVR project improved the vocal separation model, getting a better value for the quality metric (8.896 -> 9.482).
News [2021.08.30]: There are some useful updates on mvsep.com:
- Updated software and site code. Splitting tracks is faster and more stable. Our backend crashes are less and less common.
- Added a new splitting algorithm called UnMix. The algorithm has 4 models "umxXL", "umxHQ", "umxSD", "umxSE". The highest quality is the first "umxXL". According to the first tests, the voice separates a little worse than the spleeter, but the instruments are better. In any case, a large field is now open for experimenting with tracks.
- The page with the split results has been redesigned: an original track has been added, it is convenient to compare from one page. Added information on sharing settings, displays information on the uploaded file, ID3 tags and an image (if any).
And finally, some statistics. About 600-750 tracks are divided on the site per day. And for all the time, more than 300,000 tracks have been split. Moving towards a million.
Live statistics: number of separations for last day
Live statistics: most popular algorithms
Other projects: blur faces on photo and video - hide-face.com